Remnant Development and Relief Organization (REDRO) is a non-governmental, non-profit makings organization whose overall goal is to promote the welfare and fight for the right of people especially women and children.
The organization was established in 1990 when a group of concerned individuals saw the need to work together to sustain the livelihood of the deprived and under priviledged in society.
Located in Berekum in the Brong Ahafo Region of Ghana, the organization draws its membership from all corners of the region, especially where the people have the welfare of mankind at heart.
REDRO is a legally registered and recognized NGO under the Company’s Code of 1963 (Act 179) limited by guarantee, with Registration number 56232.
- Health care for Rural citizens and those in prisons
- Clothing the poor and needy especially during disaster
- Assist brilliant but needy students in society to attain higher levels of education.
- Help train people in trade of their choice.
- To undertake public awareness programmes on Health i.e: STD’s including HIV / AIDS, Malaria etc
- Give out relief items to institutions and organizations.
- To provide opportunities through capacity for women and youth towards the development of communities.
- To educate clubs, groups, churches and the general public on the rights of women and children.
- To support and collaborate with institutions in the human rights and development sector to fight for the rights of the citizenry.
SCOPE OF WORK
- Education on Information Technology
- Skill training and job creation.
- Girl Child education
- Advocacy on women and child’s rights.
- Care for the disable and the aged.
- Financial support for students
- Reproductive health/HIV/AIDS
The organization is been financed through donations, contributions and funds raising activities.